CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Apples

APPLES IN AUTUMN
It's hard to eat apples
without my front teeth,
but apples in autumn
are really a treat.
The apples are squooshy
down under my feet,
But those from the tree
are still crunchy and sweet!

APPLE TREE

Way up high in the apple tree

two red apples smiled at me.

I shook that tree as hard as I could

down came the apples,

MMMMM..... were they good!




I'm a little apple, short and round,

I make a munchy, crunchy sound.

If you bite into me you will see-

I'm delicious as can be!

(sing to the tune of "I'm a little teapot")








We read a book about John Chapman (aka Johnny Appleseed) and talked about this legend. We read several different books about apples too. Each student in our class brought an apple to graph. We also did apple art by making the prints of apples. The best part was going out to enjoy the beautiful fall day and eat our apples! :)

No comments: