CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Apples








We wrote the apple graph in our math journals.



There were 4 green apples, 16 red apples, and 1 yellow apple.

On Friday we celebrated John Chapman's birthday. Aka "Johnny Appleseed". We had a lot of fun with reading and math too! We learned how apples grow and everyone in our class brought an apple. We graphed our apples on a chart and then went outside to eat them. It was a fun afternoon. These are some of the poems we are practicing for reading fluency:

I'm a little apple, short and round.
I make a crunchy, munchy sound.
If you bite into me, you will see,
I'm delicious as can be!

Way up high in the apple tree
Two red apples smiled at me!
I shook that tree as hard as I could,
Down came the apples
Mmmm......were they good!

2 comments:

M.S. said...

Darling! You have such a fun class this year. I look forward to seeing more photos!

Tawna said...

I am teaching first grade at McKinley. I love it so far, but it's a lot of work and very tiring :) Where are you at?