CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Classroom News October 10th

Dear Parents and Students,
How are you? I am glad I have been able to meet with almost everyone this week for parent teacher conferences. Thank you for taking time to meet with me. If I missed you, please contact me to reschedule an appointment.
Last Friday we had our welcome back assembly that the PTA was in charge of. It was a very fun assembly. We were introduced to the theme “TEAM Garland”. We learned that TEAM stands for Together Everyone Achieves More. We also learned that each Friday this year will be school spirit day. The class that has the most students wearing Garland Bear t-shirts each Friday gets to have Grizz in their class for the next week. Grizz is our school mascot. So, I encourage everyone to wear their school shirts on Fridays this year.
On Tuesday we finished up chapter 2 in Math. We will begin to learn more strategies for addition and subtraction. Please help your child by practicing their basic add and subtract facts at home.
Thursday we were able to have the NED show come to our school for an assembly. I hope your child told you about this. Book Orders were also due on Thursday. Thank you for participation with book orders for October. I have placed this order and hope to receive the books back in a week and a half or so.
As we start into the cold and flu season I am going to start having the students wipe down their tables each Friday. I have a couple of containers of Clorox wipes. If anyone would be willing to donate more Clorox wipes to our class, I would be thankful. I’m sure this is an item we will go through quickly in an effort to keep our room clean and germ free. We are stocked up on tissues at this point, so thank you for your donations at the first of the year.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I appreciate all you do and love teaching your child. We have such an awesome class this year! Thanks for all you do,

Mrs. Shaffer

No comments: